Why did you start coding in LabVIEW?

I started coding in LabVIEW because there was an interesting project that came up which happened to use LabVIEW. I wanted to work on the project, and I was interested in learning another programming language, so I jumped on.

Starting from a computer engineering background with some circuit and EE classes, not to mention a lot of MATLAB and Simulink experience, LabVIEW felt quite intuitive. I started with 7.1 so there was already a rich set of programming tools available (DataSocket, Queues, Events, etc.). So I really enjoyed my new language.

First big turnoff - Namespace issues. Relinking of subVIs to others of the same name but different path. Ouch.

Favorite aspect - Tie between the ease of creating multiple VIs that communicate with eachother, and the ability to reuse code because every subVI has the potential of reuse.

In the end, I might just be a typical EE programmer who fell in love with a wired SW development world. :wub:

David