filter setup

Waisy

hi i m using a op amp to add two signals of different frequencies 200Hz & 500 Hz .the sum is fed to the DAQ card . i now want to filter one of them using labview 7.1.1 built in filter VI i m having problems with the setup of the filter like the sampling freq cutoff frequency and what is the data format at th e input n output of the filter VI ??? thanx

Guest terminator

There are two kinds of filter vis. One takes a waveform input and the other takes an array input.

It is easiest to acquire data as a waveform from the DAQ card. Then you use the filter vi that takes a waveform datatype and the sampling frequency is included with the waveform data (as dt).

If you use the array data type you need to wire in the sampling frequency yourself.

hey thanx loads terminator i lll try this n hopes it works can u tell me more abt the waveform data as dt.....takecare

There are two kinds of filter vis. One takes a waveform input and the other takes an array input.

It is easiest to acquire data as a waveform from the DAQ card. Then you use the filter vi that takes a waveform datatype and the sampling frequency is included with the waveform data (as dt).

If you use the array data type you need to wire in the sampling frequency yourself.