Multiple Analog Inputs

meocop

I have 2 days worth of programming with Labview and sure enough, I am running into problems. I have Labview 7.1 and just purchased a I/0 card to do some data acquisition stuff. I am trying to acquire 2 analog inputs, 0-5 volt range, very simple. I am using the DAQ Assist thing to configure my inputs, one for each. Individually they worked fine, but when I have both of them running together, I got this annoying error message "Code 50103-specified resource is reserved".

Please help.

Hi Meocop:

Welcome to the forum.

A couple of suggestions off hand-- First, look through the examples that ship with LV for multi channel input examples-- there's many. Sort of sounds to me like you are using single channel input vis twice, probably each one is trying to assign the same A/D card to two different resource handles-- One of the multichannel examples should put you on the right course.

Second suggestion, would be to include the code you've tried that doesn't work in your posting-- either as the vis or even just as a screen capture of the diagram. Much easier to show us what you did wrong, than for us to try and guess. (There's so many different ways of doing things wrong-- but there's lots of us in the forum, so if you show us your code somebody in the forum has probably made the same mistake before and will be able to help you out.)

Trust me, you'll come to love LV at least as much as you'll hate it. :D

Good Luck & Best Regards, Louis

If you're using LV8 make sure you have the 8.1 version of DAQmx - it was recently released, and did address the bug in the previous version. however, this is only if you're not actually trying to access the same hardware resource on the card more than once and especially when it's running.

Jack