LV8 uses Tag Engine from LV7.1

Hello,

I upgraded from LV 7.1 to LV 8.0. When I run the program, there is automatically starting the shared variable engine, which is correct, but also the Tag Engine from LV7.1 . It pops up an error that tag engine doesn't find the scf file. This is logical because in LV8 there are no scf files. They have been converted in DSC Module. Does anybody has a equivalent situation?

kind regards and thx in advance.

Dietmar.

:throwpc:

Hello,

I upgraded from LV 7.1 to LV 8.0. When I run the program, there is automatically starting the shared variable engine, which is correct, but also the Tag Engine from LV7.1 . It pops up an error that tag engine doesn't find the scf file. This is logical because in LV8 there are no scf files. They have been converted in DSC Module. Does anybody has a equivalent situation?

kind regards and thx in advance.

Dietmar.

:throwpc:

Could you please describe, in detail, what happens when you start up? Does this occur when you start LabVIEW? When you run a VI in the development system? When you run a built application?

LabVIEW 8.0 should not attempt to start the 7.1 tag engine. In fact, it shouldn't know that the tag engine ever existed.

Could you please describe, in detail, what happens when you start up? Does this occur when you start LabVIEW? When you run a VI in the development system? When you run a built application?

LabVIEW 8.0 should not attempt to start the 7.1 tag engine. In fact, it shouldn't know that the tag engine ever existed.

Unless you happen to have linked explicitedly to a LabVIEW 7.1 VI to load the SCF file or even simply start the tag engine.

I could imagine this to happen if your development project is on a different volume than your LabVIEW installation and with some carelessness when opening the project in LabVIEW 8 you are in that situation.

Rolf Kalbermatter

• 2 weeks later...
Unless you happen to have linked explicitedly to a LabVIEW 7.1 VI to load the SCF file or even simply start the tag engine.

I could imagine this to happen if your development project is on a different volume than your LabVIEW installation and with some carelessness when opening the project in LabVIEW 8 you are in that situation.

Rolf Kalbermatter

Yes indeed.

A control was linked throug "databinding" to my neighbours pc, who has still installed lv7.1. Besides, his tag engine was always starting, even when I switched on my pc.

After I have changed this databinding , everything worked fine.

Thx for your interest!

Dietmar