Starting up Front Panel with shared variables very slow

Hello @ all,

I am using a server running Windows2000 and LV 8 DSC RTS for datalogging. All shared variables are deployed on that server.

I am now facing the problem, that all front panels running on the clients using the network shared variables on the server take very long to sync on startup. First the flags on the controls bind to the shared variables stay grey, after up to ten minutes they start to turn green. The panels use up to 40 controls bound to the shared variables deployed on the server. Sync-time running the Front Panel on the server is <5 Seconds.

All firewalls are turned off. I tried to connect the client to the same switch the server is connected to. Same problem. Does anybody have a clue?

Another interesting problem:

If I want to write to shared variables from the client, the VI starts writing data (somewhere???) without having that green flag indicating the connection to the server...

Is there a way to wait until all shared variables are connected to the server before the VI starts?

Thx for your quick answers.

Carsten

• 3 months later...