How to run two VI Logger Task vi at the same time?

kileyin

You can only run one copy of a normal VI in one memory path at one time. You might try to rename one and run two copies with different names.

Another option is to map a network drive letter to your LabVIEW directory and run a second instance of labVIEW from that drive path. That will give you two LabVIEWs, each in it's own protected memory area. Then run your VI copies in the separate LabVIEW instances.

Michael Ashe ,thanks for your answer!!

Could you tell me how to do that "You might try to rename one and run two copies with different names."?

Rename what, the vi's name or some opinion of Labview? And can I call the two vi from the main panel at the same time?

Waiting for your answer, sincerely!!!

I mean two methods:

First try simple copy to new name:

- Open VI Logger.vi and File Menu >> Save As...

To new name: VI Logger_2.vi

Try to run this way 2 copies. If that does not work

Second Try:

- On Windows Explorer >> Tools Menu >> Map Network Drive

Create a new mapped drive pointing to your own machine and the directory where the LabVIEW.exe is. This, from this directory make a link on you desktop to the LabVIEW.exe here. Call it LabVIEW Instance 2.

Now run LabVIEW the normal way and also by double-click on this new link. This should let you run two copies of LabVIEW at the same time and then two copies of your VI Logger. They will be in separate memory spaces and will not be able to interact except maybe through TCP/IP.

Good Luck