How to compile this simple VI server example?

Hello great ones.

I am new to Lava and I am absoultely on a time crunch for this option.

(Intermediate level expertise in LV)

The Q is how to compile this example without getting to get "Property Node (arg1)"

errors in the executable? LV7.1

:headbang:

I know it has something to do with closing the reference but am unable to get a clear understanding

of what to do about it, since it works perfectly in the LV environment.

Anyway, any tips would be appreciated

so far my own feeble attempts to get this info have not been very succesful.

I know there are good tutorials on this somewhere out there...

Thanks in advance!

TG

didierj

Thanks for taking a look at this!

I think that error was my own silly fault but if it isn't you may have solved very tough problem for me as in how to compile app that can launch many instances of VI's that run independently.

I actually didn't test the example first (Sorry , I assumed it would fail since it is very similar to the other one I am struggling with) . Now to find what is wrong with my code.

I guess I should go introduce myself at the front first since Im about 3 days new. (Kind of liking this place more and more.)

Very grateful for your response didierg

• 5 months later...
didierj

Thanks for taking a look at this!

I think that error was my own silly fault but if it isn't you may have solved very tough problem for me as in how to compile app that can launch many instances of VI's that run independently.

I actually didn't test the example first (Sorry , I assumed it would fail since it is very similar to the other one I am struggling with) . Now to find what is wrong with my code.

I guess I should go introduce myself at the front first since Im about 3 days new. (Kind of liking this place more and more.)

Very grateful for your response didierg

Hmm I'm getting the blasted "Null window" error in one of my subvi's in my app. The interesting thing is that other subvis which get called in the same exact manner and do not have the "load fp on load" option checked, work fine, but there's one that gives me the null window error if i don't enable the option. So before this I've installed and reinstalled a thousand times already, it's very annoying and I don't want to change it and sync it to our dev server b/c its working on other ppl's machines. Any ideas? Thanks.