lut of rainbow

I want to display and store an image of grayscale type as a rgb type but i want to get

different colors for each rang of grayscale. I thought to operate this with threshold, but then lubview convert my image to 8-bit type , so I thought to change the image by insert relevant luts row , how can I get luts like rainbow, temperature and the like

psdeo-color can't help me because i need my image as rgb.

thanks.

I want to display and store an image of grayscale type as a rgb type but i want to get different colors for each rang of grayscale.

Let me get this straight - you want to remap a grayscale image to a rainbow RGB image - is that right? Can you show us an example of what you've already tried? Also - do you have the NI-Vision toolkit?

Hello r8000,

Below is how I do it, hope you find it useful. It also called false color image, used to represent like temperature value etc. Is this what you are looking for?

First get the LUT(lookup) table for all three colors (RGB:red, green, blue), this can be done by modifying the NI LabVIEW shipping example "Color Table Generator.vi" in the "Create IntGraph Color Table.vi" example. If you don't know where to find this example, go to LabVIEW menu Help->Find Examples->click on search->type in "Intensity", it should list the vi "Create IntGraph Color Table.vi", the "Color Table Generator.vi" is a subvi in it. Then apply the lookup table conversion vi with either IMAQ vision or IVision toolkit to your original gray image, you also need to create three gray destination images (same size as your original gray image) to hold for the LUT converted gray images for all three RGB channels, let's call it rImage, gImage and bImage. Now you can compose a color image with these three rImage,gImage and bImage gray images, both IMAQ vision and IVision toolkit have this compose color image vi.

thanks,

Irene

I want to display and store an image of grayscale type as a rgb type but i want to get

different colors for each rang of grayscale. I thought to operate this with threshold, but then lubview convert my image to 8-bit type , so I thought to change the image by insert relevant luts row , how can I get luts like rainbow, temperature and the like

psdeo-color can't help me because i need my image as rgb.

thanks.