LabView 8 and DIAdem 10 stand-alone applications

Hi all!.

I have a problem when generating reports with .exe LabView applications.

I have made a VI with LabView which uses a DIAdem express report wizard that takes data for graphs and tables, text values for free text objets in the layout, the path of the template and target PDF file and the execution control.

There is no problem when I run this VI; DIAdem opens end generates the report with the right layout template, then closes and the PDF is shown with Acrobat, as I told it with the execution control.

Later I tried to make a LabView project and a .EXE stand-alone application. I run the .EXE file, it ejecutes right but the reports generated are empty. I only get a raw layout template, with empty graphs (only axis), texts with default values (XXXXX) and no metafiles (only grayed-out paths). In the orther hand, the execution is that I said to it with the exec control.

Lately I realized that the express wizard don't take the layout template path but the path that I type in the dialog box.

I send you an example of a very simple VI that uses this wizard, the LabView proyect and the .EXE application. If you run the VI it might work but the .EXE doesn't.

Download File:post-5553-1152697292.zip

Any idea?.

Thanks in advance.

• 6 months later...

The DIAdem files LabVIEW needs for the Report Generation Express VI need to be in different places depending on whether you are in a LabVIEW development system or in a built app. LabVIEW does not automatically include any of these files with source distributions, built executables, installers and such. You need to manually add these files to your build specification. Both files are expected to be in the same path as the executable you're creating.

.\vi.lib\Platform\express\PicExport.vbs

.\vi.lib\Platform\express\UpdateGraph.vbs

For the layout path, I recommend that you determine the path for the layout based on the LabVIEW path constants (e.g. "Current VI's Path") and wire it to the Express VI. You can do the same thing with the target path for the PDF. That way, you don't have to rely on that the same path exists on the target machine.

BTW, if you were using built-in layouts, these layouts would be expected in a sub path of your application directory called .\templates. They would have to be added to the build spec manually from .\vi.lib\Platform\express\templates.

I know this is a fairly nasty problem. Fixing it on our side will be pretty high effort though, so we might have to go with the workaround for a while. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Hope that helps,

Herbert

• 1 year later...