Transfering custom driver to new machine

FIrst lets get this out of the way.

"BEN, you did not write it down? You idiot!"

I have been using a driver that that was developed using by one of NI's internal consulting group using the "VISA Driver Development Wizard".

When I first installed it following the supplied instructions, it did not work.

I then called the NI Developer that did the development and followed his directions to get it working.

Now this is where the "did not write it down" part comes in.

I was so excited I proceeded to test and develop and did not write down whatever it was I did to get it going.

My memory says that I had to type something at a command prompt, I suspect it was registration realted.

So a year latter the customer now wants me to develop a duplicate of my original system.

Well it turns out the NI developer has quit and finding a resource to fill in the blanks is not happening real fast.

Has anyone here figured out what it takes to transfer the "driver" to another machine?

I will supply more details if that would help but I will save the bandwidth unless requested.

Ben

I Had also posted this Q to the NI Exchange here.

http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?boar...9&jump=true

There, Dennis Knutson suggested I right click on the "inf" file and choose "Isnstall".

THat was key to the adventure but I also listed some other notes in that thread.

So, I am OK for now and I hope the above spares others the pains I went through (or at least reduces the number of times you have to restore the backup) :)

Ben