avi video

Hello!

Now I have another problem. I have an avi video, the first thing that I want is open this video and then I want to take x images and make an image processing. Finally I want to make a video with the images processed. If you can help I will be really greatefull 'cos I don't know hot to begin.

Thank you!!!

Hello!

Now I have another problem. I have an avi video, the first thing that I want is open this video and then I want to take x images and make an image processing. Finally I want to make a video with the images processed. If you can help I will be really greatefull 'cos I don't know hot to begin.

Thank you!!!

I can't remember from your other posts if you have IMAQ Vision Toolkit. If you do, this should be fairly easy, since there are AVI read / write VIs from National installed with the IMAQ Vision Toolkit. If not you might want to start checking NIs web site for links like this. If you are serious about doing image processing in LabView, but don't want to pay for the IMAQ Vision Toolkit, you might want to check out Irene He's IVision Toolkit which is priced lower, but is still very useful. There are also some other options, but you'll have to work even harder to get them into labview...

I have the IMAQ Vision Toolkit, and I can see the icons of AVI read/write VIs. But when I put them at the diagram block, I don't know what is happening that appears me the problems, I path with an AVI video and seems that I can read it but then the problems begins.

If somebody can attach an example of open an AVI, make something on it (like a threshold) and then save it, then I will be really happy.

Thank you!

Error 1074395993 occured at IMAQ AVI Open File I/O error

Hmmmmmm - looks like IMAQ AVI Open File doesn't like your avi file - can you upload it for us to have a look at it? Can you play it with a media player (eg: Windows Media Player)? It's possibly a codec issue...

I can see the video correctly with the windows media player.

Sorry I don't know what hapens but I can't attach the video. So you should help me without my video!!!

Hi,

Have you tried the other AVI video file ? Do they open failed ? and I found your sample there are logical problem, why you put the stop button outside the while loop ??? and AVI reference not been closed etc.

I can see the video correctly with the windows media player.

Sorry I don't know what hapens but I can't attach the video. So you should help me without my video!!!

The last time I used the NI AVI read / write routines in IMAQ, they had trouble with certain codecs. But it has been awhile since I used those VIs from NI. You might consider changing the codec of the AVI file to one that is more common. One codec that should work without problems is called "Cinepak". It is installed by default on every Windows distribution from 95 to XP SP2, in fact I believe it was on 3.1.1 as well :o ! Anyway, you may need an AVI converter to recompress the video, in which case I would reccomend VideoMach from Gromada.com. For others on the list they also make a free video player that allows the user to step through a movie frame by frame, (something that windows media player lost a long time ago) and save individual frames as individual images. It also contains no advertisements or liscense restrictions that I'm aware of, and I've found it to be a worthwhile investment :thumbup: BTW, they also claim that thier software runs on linux using wine with no problems.

Thank you to all who help me. Now I can open the AVI file and see the frame, all it's ok. But now I don't know how to save each frame and make a video with them, 'cos my program only save tha last frame that he processed.

I think that if you can say me how to do this, then, more or less I finish the program that I need.

Thank you for your collaboration!!! :P