Low Pass Filter

I need to implement a low-pass filter into LabVIEW 8.0. I noticed that there are filters vi's built in, but they are not included in the Base package. Is there another way to do this without upgrading my LabVIEW? Thanks.

There is always good old fashioned hardware... That is better than wrting your own software filters.

It is easy to make a running average vi. I can give you one for post processing acquired data (v 7.1). Let me know.

mike

Guest terminator

Writing a basic low pass filter vi is not a big deal at all. For a finite impulse response, first order filter this amounts to only a single shift register. Second order, two shift registers, etc.

Have a look at the Labview Analysis Concepts documentation (probably included even with the basic version??). In particular page 3-9 in my version.

You will sacrifice some efficiency and the considerable generality of the built vis but it will work fine. Writing it is educational too.