Using 2 Similar Webcams - Labview

Hi,

I'm using the Labview Webcam Library 1.4.1 ( www.cs.unc.edu/~parente/labview/index.shtml ); along with two logitech webcam 5000 pro webcams. I can get one webcam to work however the other one doesn't get detected in Labview. My hypothesis is that since both of the webcams use the same driver, the issue might be occuring, and perhaps if I had two dis-similar webcams with different libraries, I might be able to change which driver is being utilized. Am I right or is there a quick fix to the problem ? In theory there ought to be a software based fix, considering the logitech capture software can switch between the two webcams.

BTW: I'm not interested in having both of them work simulatanously ( although it would be nice ), just plain stopping one webcam, and enabling the other one is what I would like to have, and this at the moment doesn't seem to work.

Anyone have a solution ?

Best Regards,

Andalusian

Hi,

I'm using the Labview Webcam Library 1.4.1 ( www.cs.unc.edu/~parente/labview/index.shtml ); along with two logitech webcam 5000 pro webcams. I can get one webcam to work however the other one doesn't get detected in Labview. My hypothesis is that since both of the webcams use the same driver, the issue might be occuring, and perhaps if I had two dis-similar webcams with different libraries, I might be able to change which driver is being utilized. Am I right or is there a quick fix to the problem ? In theory there ought to be a software based fix, considering the logitech capture software can switch between the two webcams.

BTW: I'm not interested in having both of them work simulatanously ( although it would be nice ), just plain stopping one webcam, and enabling the other one is what I would like to have, and this at the moment doesn't seem to work.

Anyone have a solution ?

Best Regards,

Andalusian

NVM, It works with the newer drivers from NI.

Andalusian