Writing to a simulated DAQmx resource

I do not think this is currently possible but I have a good use case for it. VI Logger lite is a free program from NI that is a fairly good general purpose data logger, except that it can only log analog input channels. It has a API that can be programmatically controlled

from labview to start, stop, enable logging, read data, etc. Although all channels must be analog, they can also be simulated channels. If you could setup a writable simulated channel then it would be easy to merge other asynchronous data such as RS232 based instruments, state info, etc. into the HW timed data stream. Any thoughts on the subject?

I've heard of the idea of using a simulated card to "playback" data from a file and I think it would be a good addition to DAQmx. You're idea would take it a bit further than I first thought about, and the only thing I can think of would be that it would be a real headache to program for the people who write the simulated card stuff in max...

I've heard of the idea of using a simulated card to "playback" data from a file and I think it would be a good addition to DAQmx. You're idea would take it a bit further than I first thought about, and the only thing I can think of would be that it would be a real headache to program for the people who write the simulated card stuff in max...

It seems like a writable simulated resource should be pretty easy to program. You could generalize things by having the resource read from an array of data that is stored in max, similar to scale tables. MAX already provides an interface for creating new scales so it is not outside the scope of what is already there. You would simple select the data source for the simulated resource to be either the default sine wave or an external table.