Understanding application builder

Being a newbie, I have run into a problem I don't know how to deal with. Having created an app. without the project manager, I created a project via the executable wizard. This has worked fine on simple vis for me. However, when I try this with my first application with subvis and data files I hit a problem. Following the "building a stand alone application" instructions, things are okay until 5c. I have no files except my main vi listed in the project files tree. I see no way to change that. The files are in the same folder as my main vi. I have looked around in this section of LAVA, and NI's support section, no luck so far.

I am using LV 8.01, WinXP, and have modest experience with LV. I could sure use some clues as to whether I went wrong or what. I would like to make a decent attempt at creating an .exe, before I call NI engineers. This has me stalled.

Fred :headbang:

I have no files except my main vi listed in the project files tree. I see no way to change that. The files are in the same folder as my main vi. I have looked around in this section of LAVA, and NI's support section, no luck so far.

Fred,

Sounds like you need to modify your project file from the Project Explorer window to add the files you are interested in to your project. App Builder only lets you include files in your build that are in your project. So from Project Explorer right click on My Computer and choose Add File or drag and drop the files under My Computer or choose Project>Add to Project, I'm sure there are some other ways too and you might want to check on help topics about adding files to the project.

Kennon

Fred,

Sounds like you need to modify your project file from the Project Explorer window to add the files you are interested in to your project. App Builder only lets you include files in your build that are in your project. So from Project Explorer right click on My Computer and choose Add File or drag and drop the files under My Computer or choose Project>Add to Project, I'm sure there are some other ways too and you might want to check on help topics about adding files to the project.

Kennon

Kennon,

Thanks for the push in the right direction! :-)

Fred