application builder is different between in LV7 and in 8?

My programme uses Microsoft ADO to access database files.

When I used LV7 to build my programme, it's ok. I can use the exe file. :laugh:

But when I try to build the programme in LV8, I find the application builder in LV8 is different from it in LV7. :oops: And my programme which part is concern with ADO does not work. :headbang:

There is a setting option about ActiveX server name in LV8's applicaiton builder, should I set it? And how do I set? :wacko:

Thanks! :worship:

You don't need to enable the ActiveX server option in the Application Builder. That is for when you want to control LabVIEW from an ActiveX client and is unrelated to ADO or the database toolkit.

If you use the file LabVIEW 8.0\database\database application template.bld as a starting point, you should be able to build the EXE in 8.0 fine. Use Tools>>Convert build script to do this. Some machines might not have ADO installed (part of MDAC). The toolkit includes an older version, but the VIs should run and you can always update MDAC from Microsoft's site later.

Thanks, Chris

I usually let y'all answer each others' questions, but nobody had stepped up and this was right up my alley. Besides, I couldn't get an invitation because you didn't know me (you might be the only one here who doesn't ;) ). Norm was gonna let me come as his date, but I figured I'd show up in LAVA a little more to help the issue.

You don't need to enable the ActiveX server option in the Application Builder. That is for when you want to control LabVIEW from an ActiveX client and is unrelated to ADO or the database toolkit.

If you use the file LabVIEW 8.0\database\database application template.bld as a starting point, you should be able to build the EXE in 8.0 fine. Use Tools>>Convert build script to do this. Some machines might not have ADO installed (part of MDAC). The toolkit includes an older version, but the VIs should run and you can always update MDAC from Microsoft's site later.

Thanks. So you mean I should check my OS to make sure the ADO is installed first. By the way, I had installed the NI database toolkit in LV7, when I installed LV8, I uninstalled the all parts of Lv7. And I just copy some VIs from the NI database toolkit in Lv7 to the project I make in Lv8, is this related to my problem?

Then I find another problem, my exe file has a button to stop the file running and exit Lv. But when I click it, there is a warning dialog said this application error. some memory cannot be read. I donot know why.