Export to text file from LabVIEW

Hello everybody,

I have to complete a LabVIEW program by exporting data to a text file under a defined format. At the present time, data is exported in an Excel file. As I start with LabVIEW, I don't really know how to proceed.

Do you have some information to help me to start with this task ? How to cerat a etxt file, to open it, to fill it, to close it ?

Thank you very much !

Sylvain

Hello!

On the diagram menu, you can find a sub-menu with a disk as icon. In this sub-menu, you can find different VIs than can export data to a text file (simple text file, Comma Separated Value...)

BY!

Hi,

if you have your data in an string array you can use the "Array to Spreadsheet String.vi" (you'll find this in the string menu)

If your data is only numbers you can use the read and write to a spreadsheet file VIs from the File I/O menu (with the disk icon)

Then you can easily import the text file into Excel if you need.

have a nice day

Ulrich

Hello,

I had a look in that menu and find different things but I've got trouble to use them.

In the text file I have to create, I have to write a first line with defined information and then numeric data separated by ";"

I haven't find for the moment how to have data of two types (string and numeric).

Sylvain

Try somthing like that...

post-3651-1154509451.png?width=400