1073676294 Error

ann

Download File:post-5239-1155231947.viDownload File:post-5239-1155231964.viI have built a small code to communicate with an external device (smartline pumps) and i have attached the code below, when i run the program it works fine and gives the right output , i.e the data read form the instrument is correct, however when i highlight and run the program i realise that at the "VISA read" port i get this error:

Warning:1073676294 occured at VISA read

Possible reasons: VISA:(Hex 0xFFF0006). The number of bytes transfered is equal to the requested input count.More data might be available.

when i incorporate this code in a larger program, it fails to run, so I was wondering if anyone can give me an insight as to how to solve this problem.

example of the program is:

write data : SN

read data : SERIAL = 87075

Guest terminator

Now you'd THINK it's a GOOD thing to get the number of bytes equal to the number expected (especially since you probably got the number of bytes from the "number of bytes available" property).

There is nothing wrong. The solution is to insert special error handling to ignore this warning.

I've seen this in one of the NI examples.

Download File:post-5239-1155231947.viDownload File:post-5239-1155231964.viI have built a small code to communicate with an external device (smartline pumps) and i have attached the code below, when i run the program it works fine and gives the right output , i.e the data read form the instrument is correct, however when i highlight and run the program i realise that at the "VISA read" port i get this error:

Warning:1073676294 occured at VISA read

Possible reasons: VISA:(Hex 0xFFF0006). The number of bytes transfered is equal to the requested input count.More data might be available.

when i incorporate this code in a larger program, it fails to run, so I was wondering if anyone can give me an insight as to how to solve this problem.

example of the program is:

write data : SN

read data : SERIAL = 87075