DSC Timesetting for tags

Hi Hans,

I think you are doing something wrong with "writing shared variable with datasocket into the database".

You want to write traces with custom timestamp in citadel, so use the "write trace.vi", you have an input called timestamp. Create libraries with upmost 1000 variables (the SVE is at its best with libraries with less than 1000 sv declared) and use the binding in variable declaration. Log with events structures.

Actually I have an application with more than 5000 variables, with logging with custom timestamps, and update rates below 500ms and works ok.

cosmin

Being able to specify the time associated with a PV value would very helpful.

I have written applications that continue to gather data (in cFP units) in the event the PC crashes. If DSC allowed me to specify the time, I'd be able to use Citadel to log my data.

Lacking that functionality, I had to write my own version of Citadel from the ground up!

On the other hand...

I'm not sure how that would affect Citadel being 21-CFR-11 complient.

Ben

Being able to specify the time associated with a PV value would very helpful.

I have written applications that continue to gather data (in cFP units) in the event the PC crashes. If DSC allowed me to specify the time, I'd be able to use Citadel to log my data.

Lacking that functionality, I had to write my own version of Citadel from the ground up!

On the other hand...

I'm not sure how that would affect Citadel being 21-CFR-11 complient.

Ben

Hi Ben, as i said, you can log data with custom timestamp in LabVIEW DSC (or lookout with the logger object), I do not see why you needed to create a "new citadel". The only thing way anyone need custom timestamp on PSV is for network psp clients (I got around that by creating timestamps SV). I guess the custom timestamp is not implemented yet for security reasons, as in Lookout you got a special object for logging with custom timestamp. What if you enable logging when declaring SV's and is something wrong with the server who publish them (exp., at one time, the timestamp goes one hour forward and goes back next time)? on thousands of SV you will got thousands of "back in time" alarms and you could get a corrupted citadel and a huge memory usage increase because of alarm logging. Thats why Lookout logs data with computer timestamp.

So, you have to do programmed logging with custom timestamp (and make sure that back in time does not occur).

cosmin