Writing Front Panel to INI File

Hi Everyone,

I need some help for saving Front Panel Status of Control and Indicators, to an INI File, I am Trying to use Write Panel to INI VI provided by OpenG.org , But when i write, the INI file is empty, There is no error while writing, can any one please help me out to fix that problem.

Regards.

Tajinder Singh

Hi Everyone,

I need some help for saving Front Panel Status of Control and Indicators, to an INI File, I am Trying to use Write Panel to INI VI provided by OpenG.org , But when i write, the INI file is empty, There is no error while writing, can any one please help me out to fix that problem.

Regards.

Tajinder Singh

Hi Tajinder,

Another way is to write each control/indicator individually to an XML file. This offers the same functionality as an ini file, without using the OpenG toolkit.

Last time I played with it, there seemed to be a bug with OpenG ini file VI's and LV 8.0 (the exact same code worked fine in LV 7.1.1). At that point, I refactored my code to replace ini file usage with the equivalent xml file, using the built-in Write to XML file and Read to XML file vi's.

This way you can write any LabVIEW structure (array, cluster, cluster of clusters, etc. etc.) to (xml) file without problems. The read from file is pretty straightforward as well. Check out the XML examples in LV for more info.

Neville.

Last time I played with it, there seemed to be a bug with OpenG ini file VI's and LV 8.0 (the exact same code worked fine in LV 7.1.1). At that point, I refactored my code to replace ini file usage with the equivalent xml file, using the built-in Write to XML file and Read to XML file vi's.

Hi,

I just use the OpenG ini file VI's on LV 7.1.1 in the company. I will try it on the LV 8.2 EV on my home PC. Good hint with the XML files!

Markus