Problems with Labview & SVN

hi!

I use a SVN server (1.1.4) on a linux system and use tortoisesvn on development computer.

On my last program, developed with labview 8 fds in french, some graphical bugs appears progressively with the program growth. In a first time, a part of the front panel was frozen when i used the scroll bar. I had to reduce the window in order to refresh it. In a second time, the front panel was transparent when the windows was in full screen, even without running the VI. I send my program to NI support and it has been at NI R&D in Texas for 4 weeks.

More recently, I did changes on a 7.1 VI on my computer. I did the commit, the update on another computer and try it, but labview generate an error when loading. I did the same changes on the other computer and then, the VI run properly.

So I wonder if the problem come from Labview or from SVN... Did anybody had the same problem? If yes, how did you solve it?

Thanks

Yann

I use a SVN server (1.1.4) on a linux system and use tortoisesvn on development computer.

I have binary files (LabVIEW and otherwise) that have been revised 200-odd times, and I've never had problems; in that respect, I doubt the fault is with LabVIEW.

However, I have only used subversion 1.2 and 1.3. Could a bug in your old version of SVN be the cause of this?

I have binary files (LabVIEW and otherwise) that have been revised 200-odd times, and I've never had problems; in that respect, I doubt the fault is with LabVIEW.

However, I have only used subversion 1.2 and 1.3. Could a bug in your old version of SVN be the cause of this?

My group has been using LabView and Subversion (1.3.1) for about 6-8 months now with no problems.

• 5 weeks later...

The NI support answered that it may be a Trojan. I did a scan of all the computer of my network with Avast and didn't find anything. My network is not connected to the Internet and I take care of the programs I download, so...

In order to solve the problem, I took an old revision of my vi which work and did the modifications to get the functionality of the last version. All that without using SVN. It worked properly at the beginning, and yesterday, the problem reappear... The last version of SVN (1.4) has been installed but, as I didn't use it in my test... I think the problem don't come from SVN...

I feel deputy cause I can't see where the problem come from... If you have an idea...

Yann

• 3 months later...
The NI support answered that it may be a Trojan. I did a scan of all the computer of my network with Avast and didn't find anything. My network is not connected to the Internet and I take care of the programs I download, so...

In order to solve the problem, I took an old revision of my vi which work and did the modifications to get the functionality of the last version. All that without using SVN. It worked properly at the beginning, and yesterday, the problem reappear... The last version of SVN (1.4) has been installed but, as I didn't use it in my test... I think the problem don't come from SVN...

I feel deputy cause I can't see where the problem come from... If you have an idea...

Yann

Sounds like a data corruption of your VIs and one I certainly haven't seen myself so far and most other LabVIEW users neither. So I really suspect something that is particular to your setup.

Possible causes might be bad RAM memory or other hardware compenents such as slowly failing HDs. Another possibility which some people seem to underestimate is the fact that external code you are calling is completely free to overwrite memory that might be vital to LabVIEW and when you save back your VIs you might happen to save corrupted data.

Unless you use self made external code (Call Library Nodes or CINs) or such things from not to official sources I would strongly suspect the hardware to be at fault.

Rolf Kalbermatter

Hi!

Thank you for your answer.

That's right that the computer is not a new one and we had several problems (not only with labview) with other computers from the same manufacturer and as old as this one...

Since my last post, I tried to save my soft to the 7.1 version of labview and it still work fine in this version.

I also had to do with another guy from the NI support... A more competant one... He told me that when he did a mass compile the soft work well. I tried on my computer but still didn't work... He send me back my VIs and they seem to work well but we prefered to work with the 7.1 version.

I now use SVN 1.4 and I didn't had any problem til now. I didn't had the oportunity to create other VIs whith labview 8 or 8.2.

Thanks again.

Yann