File / Directory Info vs Get File Size bug

The attached VI attempts to get the size of a file using two methods. The first is the File / Directory info primitive, the second is the Get File Size primitive. Both should return the same number. When attempting to use this method on files bigger than 2 Gb the File / Directory primitive will not work because it returns an I32 for size. I haven't filed this with NI yet, so no CAR has been created, I wanted to list it here first to let someone else confirm my bug finding. BTW, you must supply your own 2Gb + file...

Download File:post-2547-1156870998.vi

The attached VI attempts to get the size of a file using two methods. The first is the File / Directory info primitive, the second is the Get File Size primitive. Both should return the same number. When attempting to use this method on files bigger than 2 Gb the File / Directory primitive will not work because it returns an I32 for size. I haven't filed this with NI yet, so no CAR has been created, I wanted to list it here first to let someone else confirm my bug finding. BTW, you must supply your own 2Gb + file...

Verified.

Is it a bug or a feature?

I would say a feature that became a bug!

Well, I was wrong about the error being produced with files >2gb, its actually wrong when files are greater than 4gb. I've included screen shots of this error in LV8.0.1 and LV8.2. I've also submitted this to NI and will post a CAR when I get one.

Whats weird is that LV8.2 and LV8.0.1 produce different results with the same large (14gb) file.

Chris

post-2547-1157574183.jpg?width=400

post-2547-1157574198.jpg?width=400

post-2547-1157574214.jpg?width=400