Weird behaviour of Replace Array Subset

Original Post:

http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?boar...ssage.id=201906

Today, I encountered (am still encountering actually) a weird behaviour with the Replace Array Subset icon.

In my program, I use a Insert Into Array icon at one place.

I replaced it (using Rt Click Replace) with the Replace Array Subset icon, it showed broken wires.

So, I replaced it (using Rt Click Replace) with the Insert Into Array icon, it showed NO broken wires.

Now, I did Undo (Ctrl+Z), it got replaced with the Replace Array Subset icon, but with NO broken wires.

I'm stunned to see this weird behaviour... !

But the program behaviour remains the same respectively for these respective icons.

Even the other way around also results in the same behaviour of the Replace Array Subset icon.

Normally, a Replace Array Subset icon cannot have two arrays of the same dimension connected to it, it'll show broken wires.

Now, I replaced the Replace Array Subset icon with the Insert Into Array icon, it shows NO broken wires.

Then, I did Undo (Ctrl+Z), and to my disbelief, it showed NO broken wires.

Can experts explain me about this, if it is my fault of LV programming, I mean Undoing, or LV's odd behaviour ?

I'm using LV7.1

Regards & Thanks,

Partha.

Bug report: ID #40LD2E1W was filed.