Old toolkit(s) not updated for 8.2

jaegen

Should I be concerned when I mass compile a toolkit in LV 8.2 (the internet toolkit BTW), and get this message (among others)?

C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 8.2\vi.lib\addons\internet\ftp\ftp0.llb\FTP Open Session.vi

- LabVIEW 8.0 changed a constant that was wired to a Case structure to a hidden control to maintain compatibility with LabVIEW 7.1 and earlier.

This means (A) that nothing has been done to the toolkit to update it for 8.2, and (B) that there is unneeded code inside VIs in the toolkit.

Hmmmmm :(

Jaegen

Should I be concerned when I mass compile a toolkit in LV 8.2 (the internet toolkit BTW), and get this message (among others)?

This means (A) that nothing has been done to the toolkit to update it for 8.2, and (B) that there is unneeded code inside VIs in the toolkit.

Hmmmmm :(

Jaegen

(A) is correct (B) isn't

A:

It only means that the G-Code was correct and still is correct (you don't rewrite your VI's from scratch I think with a new LV environment?), the down side is that the internet server is way old

B:

LV 8.x has the ability to compile VI's with errors. This was done by ignoring cases which are controlled by a BD constant, the cases that will never executed are removed from the compiled code (an enhancement of the diagram disable structure)

A problem arose here. What if you had some VI's in a not executed state which you wanted to call dynamically (thus by name), in LV 7 and prior these would be loaded into memory and could be called by name. Now in LV 8 the BD constant is replaced by an invisible FP control, making the compiler think that the case could be executed.

So to maintain compatibility with the prior version the code is changed.

Ton