Fully utilizing all CPU's for a LabVIEW application

Original Post:

http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?boar...315#M205315

Hi All, Have any of you figured out how to harness all of the CPU's in modern machines? Backgroud: I have an application that does a lot of signal processing and it was pegging the CPU of the machine it was originally deployed on for many minutes. As a quick first step we suggested the customer try the application on a new high-end machine. THey did and the preformance improved ... BUT... When we look at the Task Manager >>> Perfomance tab it appears we are not not utilizing all of the available CPU's. This observation is based on the 8 CPU graphs displayed in the Task Manager. The first 4 graphs show very heavy CPU useage but the reamining four graphs show little or no loads. I am guessing that this may be due to LV (8.X) using a default of 4 threads for each execution system. Since the last time we were on-site, I have looked at ...\LabVIEW\vi.lib\utility\sysinfo.llb\threadconfig.vi and it appears all I have to do is run that utility one time and save the config as 8 threads for each execution system. Now before I send someone back to site, I'd like to find out if someone has traveled this road before me and would like to share their wisdom. Thank you, Ben

This was reported to R&D (#41DGI1R0) for further investigation.