Increment/Decrement Button Behavior Change in Slides

dafemec

The behavior of increment and decrement buttons in slides has changed in LabVIEW 8.2. The increment button (i.e., the top one) on a vertical slide, for instance, now increases the slide's value, independent of whether the slide's scale is inverted. The old behavior in this scenario would have decreased the slide's value. Scrollbars that I had built as custom controls, prior to a scrollbar control being available, now don't work as expected. I don't find any documentation of this change in the read-me or upgrade documents for LabVIEW 8.2, NI technical support did not know about it when I called this morning, and so the item is being referred to R&D for resolution (i.e., is this a bug or the new, expected behavior). I will pass along what news I receive, hopefully including how to restore the original behavior (without replacing all of my custom controls with the scrollbar control).

I have heard back from NI on this. The old behavior was actually a long-standing bug, according to R&D, and it is now fixed. There is no intent to revert to the old behavior, and the scrollbar control should be used for scrollbar-like behavior instead. Looks like it's time to break out the custom control editor!