VI to Excel

Hello

I need to pass some data to an existing excel file, but I want do place that data in a particullary cell

on the excel. After i run de VI, and everything's look fine, I open the excel file and I see a lots of characters that are not supposed to be there.

I ask if anyone helps me to solve this problem (the objective is to transfer de value on - PASS TIME - in to the excell)

To understand the problem create an excel file with the name C:\TIMECOUNTER.XLS, and after you run de VI look into this excel file.

Sorry for my English.

Download File:post-6695-1162422991.vi

I looked at your code, you can't just "write" to a file with a .xls extension, and expect it to read back into excel. You'll have to go through excel's active X implimentation. Take a look at this post for more help. BTW, use the search link for our forums, it can help you solve problems like these.

You can also look over on the NI site :book: at the excel board. in their there are many examples of how to do this