Displaying array contents

Greetings from a newbie,

I'm doing some image processing with LV7.0. My client doesn't want to updgrade. :angry:

My task is to read in a .bmp file that's written by another process snagging images, and then cause some stages to move based on the contents of the bmp. I'm trying to examine the values of the 2D array that I've created from the 8-bit pixel data.

Could anyone suggest a technigue for display the contents of a 2D array of unsigned byte [8-bit integer (0 to 255)]'s? I tried dropping an array display on the front panel, and setting the number of dimension to 2, but when I wire up my 'unflatten pixmap.vi' 8-bit pixmap output to the array input, I get an error message complaining the source is unsigned 8-bit integer, but the sink is type void. Can I coerce the type? How does one do that?

Thanks for any help you could provide, I'd be glad to provide any additional info that would be helpful.

Regards,

John

Greetings from a newbie,

I'm doing some image processing with LV7.0. My client doesn't want to updgrade. :angry:

My task is to read in a .bmp file that's written by another process snagging images, and then cause some stages to move based on the contents of the bmp. I'm trying to examine the values of the 2D array that I've created from the 8-bit pixel data.

Could anyone suggest a technigue for display the contents of a 2D array of unsigned byte [8-bit integer (0 to 255)]'s? I tried dropping an array display on the front panel, and setting the number of dimension to 2, but when I wire up my 'unflatten pixmap.vi' 8-bit pixmap output to the array input, I get an error message complaining the source is unsigned 8-bit integer, but the sink is type void. Can I coerce the type? How does one do that?

Thanks for any help you could provide, I'd be glad to provide any additional info that would be helpful.

Regards,

John

You might want to look at the picture control or intensity graph to display your image, rather than an array display.