Video preview using Vision and a ATI video-in port

Dear all,

I'm experiencing with a problem, which I can't really solve. I use Labview 8.2 and the last version of vision

In an application I need to have an image preview, and I need to do this showing on the desktop (just to show, without save) the analog input in the video-in of my ATI graphic card.

Is there some example code which already do this? or can someone suggest my how I could approach this problem?

Thank you very much and happy new year!

Dear all,

I'm experiencing with a problem, which I can't really solve. I use Labview 8.2 and the last version of vision

In an application I need to have an image preview, and I need to do this showing on the desktop (just to show, without save) the analog input in the video-in of my ATI graphic card.

Is there some example code which already do this? or can someone suggest my how I could approach this problem?

Thank you very much and happy new year!

Hello,

If you use IVision LabVIEW toolkit, it can capture video from ATI all-in wonder card. This card can be used as TV tuner as well as frame grabber card, so that you can connect analog video input to this ATI all-in wonder card. You can download IVision LabVIEW toolkit 1.8 from below link. Starts with the IVision_CameraDemo.vi, you will see the video right the way. (IVision treats ATI card as video device). IVision 2.2 has new functions to programmatically switch the ATI card between TV tuner mode and frame grabber mode and also route the sound source correspondently.

This is where you get more information about IVision LabVIEW toolkit:

http://www.hytekautomation.com/Products/IVision.html

Irene

Hello,

If you use IVision LabVIEW toolkit, it can capture video from ATI all-in wonder card.

Dear Irene, first of all thank you alot for your answer and let me wish you a happy new year! :-)

I saw already your powerful toolkit, but at the moment it is impossible for me to afford another expense, so I was looking if there is a simple way to capture the video in just using vision :-)

thank you anyway :)