Questions about String Indicator

pockey

Hi,

I use a shift register to show all the information in the String Indicator on front pane, however, I do not know how to make the string indicator scroll automatically when new information arrives. It's troublesome to press the vertical scrollbar to see the latest information.

How to make the String Indicator act like a terminal? Someone says to set the cursor position, however, I do not know how to implement this.

Anyone can help me?

How to make the String Indicator act like a terminal? Someone says to set the cursor position, however, I do not know how to implement this.

I didn't find either how to make it "terminal like", but if you simply add each new line at start and not at end is that ok for you ?

This way you always see the latest line and you can scroll down to see old lines.

Hopefully someone will come up with a better solution, which I would be interested to know ;)

Hope this helps (see VI attached in LV 8.20)

Thanks for your idea!

I've found the answer in NI forum:

Make a property node for the string indicator, set to write, and set the property to "Scroll Position". Then just wire a very large number to it or get the length of your string (string length under string pallete), and wire that in.

http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?boar...uireLogin=False

More detailed information could be found from the above link!

Here is my steps:

Right click the String Indicator, choose "Create" -> Property->Text->Scroll Position, and then create a numerial constant with a very large number and connect to the property node created just now. That's OK!

• Like 1
  • 16 years later...