Annoying MCL tip strips

Is there any way to turn off the "feature" of a Multicolumn List Box (MCL) where a tip strip pops up with the full text contents of the cell? It becomes annoying when it pops-up just as you are trying to navigate to the column seperator to resize the column. I feel like smashing my head throught the screen when that happens. :headbang:

post-2-1169500822.png?width=400

post-2-1169500830.png?width=400

Is there any way to turn off the "feature" of a Multicolumn List Box (MCL) where a tip strip pops up with the full text contents of the cell? It becomes annoying when it pops-up just as you are trying to navigate to the column seperator to resize the column. I feel like smashing my head throught the screen when that happens. :headbang:

Michael,

Are you talking about behavior at edit, or runtime, or both? I've been bothered by similar behavior with tables starting in LV8.0. I have an app which accepts user touchscreen input over a table indicator. To provide feedback for the user, I track the touch/liftoff/drag info and I rewrite the text for the highlighted row using a bold font. If the extent of the bolded text exceeds (ever-so-slightly) the size of the cell the user is pointing to, LV generates the tipstrip, which can interfere with the tracking process. I think there's also an obscure race condition - when I register the touch liftoff (mouse up event), I flip to a different tab of the tab control which owns the table, and sometimes the tipstrip window remains. My wish is that the feature could be disabled on a per-control basis.

Best regards,

Dave