Remote panels through central server

post-825-1171037804.png?width=400

Hi,

We have several computers publishing remote panels to show the status of an instrument we are controlling with LabVIEW. It would be extremely useful if we could have a central location for access to these computers. For instance, a user connects from the outside to some computer (computer1) and from there, accesses one of the remote panels running on one of the other computers (computer2,...computern) - it's important that the connection to computer2,...,computern be only to computer1 and not to the rest of the world.

The reason we would like this is we don't need to open the actual instrument computers up to the world. Instead, the only open connection would be from the instrument computer(s) (computer2,...,computern) to the central computer (computern). We are moving to a centrally managed IT situation and this would allow us to have the IT group manage computer1 and monitor all traffic through it without having to manage computer2,...,computern which we would like to maintain control of.

Basically, I'd like to do some sort of proxy or port forwarding to publish the remote panels through an intermediate computer.

I hope this explanation isn't too confusing. To (hopefully) clarify things, I've included a diagram of the network scheme we would like to have.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Mark