sound file info

aka

QUOTE(aka @ Feb 15 2007, 12:01 PM)

hi,

i need to read the duration of a .wav file, or alternatively the size of the file and its sampling frequency.

using Labview 6i (6.0.3).

thanks!

Hi,

I don't know if the "Snd Read Wave File.vi" existed in LabVIEW 6i, but if it does then it can read a wave file and output sound data together with sound format info. Look in the palettes, and if you don't find it, have a look in "vi.lib\sound\lvsound.llb\Snd Read Wave File.vi"

If you just need to read the sound info, go into this VI and take out the parts where sound info is extracted. Put this in a VI of your own that only reads enough characters to extract the wav-header (~36 characters).

Hope this helps

/J

QUOTE(JFM @ Feb 15 2007, 01:53 PM)

Hi,

I don't know if the "Snd Read Wave File.vi" existed in LabVIEW 6i, but if it does then it can read a wave file and output sound data together with sound format info. Look in the palettes, and if you don't find it, have a look in "vi.lib\sound\lvsound.llb\Snd Read Wave File.vi"

If you just need to read the sound info, go into this VI and take out the parts where sound info is extracted. Put this in a VI of your own that only reads enough characters to extract the wav-header (~36 characters).

Hope this helps

/J

it sure does!

thanks JFM

/aka