Help with Ivision and avi's

Hey,

I am trying to use the ivision softare to play an avai frame by but I am unable to work out how i can do this.

Has anyone done this before and have some pointers? I would appreciate any help.

Thanks,

Bernard

i think i have worked this out,

using the ivision_MediaSetPosition.vi i can set the frame number and by setting the stop value to 1 it will stop on that frame.

QUOTE(superslug @ Feb 15 2007, 07:44 PM)

Hey,

I am trying to use the ivision softare to play an avai frame by but I am unable to work out how i can do this.

Has anyone done this before and have some pointers? I would appreciate any help.

Thanks,

Bernard

i think i have worked this out,

using the ivision_MediaSetPosition.vi i can set the frame number and by setting the stop value to 1 it will stop on that frame.

Hello Bernard,

That is good that you figured out by yourself. There is another way to do, that is:

Starting with the example "IVision_MediaFileExample2.vi", this vi has a button to let you jump to any frame you set, but will continuously run. So in order to run frame by frame, you can first pause the media file with the vi "IVision_PauseMediaFile.vi", this will pause the video clip. Now if you call the "IVision_MediaSetPosition.vi", it will jump one frame at one time or only jump to the frame that you specify and stop there.

Irene

QUOTE(superslug @ Feb 19 2007, 06:27 PM)

I am trying now to do the same thing with 2 avi's running.

Is it possible to run 2 ivision windows with different avi's in them or is there a pause and setPosistion for using blendavi?

Yes, you can run two avi files with two separate file session, this way you can control each one to jump to any location you want. No, you can't do "set Position" with blending two avi functions.

Irene

QUOTE(superslug @ Feb 22 2007, 07:04 PM)

thanks.

I have a new problem.

I am trying to get the Ivision window (for both playing and recording) into a tab.

I can get the window into the frontpanel and posistion it but I have been unable

to get it so that it is only on a single page if a tab.

Since video window is not a native LabVIEW component, you can't put in just one tab like other LabVIEW controls. But you can work around this, by visible and invisible the video window. Only when the video tab is clicked, then video is show, otherwise unshow. IVision2.2 have vis to show/hide video window, but not in the demo version of IVision1.8. But you can always use windows managerment vis from NI to do the same thing since video window is just window.

Irene

• 3 weeks later...

QUOTE(superslug @ Mar 14 2007, 07:58 PM)

Is it possible to combine a bmp with an avi frame by frame so a different bmp could be included into each frame?

Having done that can a new avi be made with the bmp in each frame?

Yes, it's possible by using the callback vi, you can catch each video frame passing by and do image processing on it (like combine a bmp). There are examples in IVision labVIEW toolkit to show how to use callback vi.

Irene

• 2 weeks later...

QUOTE(superslug @ Mar 25 2007, 10:47 PM)

As usuaul I have a new problem:

I can't work out how to get the frame rate from a media file. Is this possible?

thanks for all the help so far,

Bernard

Sure it's possible. Use IVision_MediaSetTimeFormat.vi and IVision_MediaGetDuration.vi, you can get total frame numbers and as well as total time period for an avi file. Then you can calculate the frame rate.

Irene