Strange behaviour with Vision 8.2 and Shared Variable 1D Image Array

I've just posted this on the NI forums as well, but might get a better response here :-)

I've just upgraded to LabVIEW 8.2 and Vision 8.2. When loading a particular VI, it is searching numerous times for ...\LabVIEW 8.2\resource\objmgr\IMAQ Image.ctl - which of course doesn't exist. As best as I can track it down, this seems to be cause by a Shared Variable I have in the project which is a custom control of a 1D array of Image.

So I've created a new project from scratch to illustrate (attached). The VI runs OK, but any editing means that this non-existant control is searched for again. Of interest is also that there is a coercion dot where the Image is used, but the data type on the wire seems OK. Creating a control (rather than a Shared Variable) doesn't do anything strange.

Anyone know what's going on here?

QUOTE(crelf @ Feb 27 2007, 11:00 AM)

G'Day Greg - what version of LabVIEW/Vision did you upgrade from?

From LV 8 and Vision 7, although I completely uninstalled both before upgrading.

I've kept looking at this - the Global variable that is created by the Shared Variable manager can be used directly without problems either. And the coercion dot is perhaps because the data type has lost its "typedef" in the diagram, although it still exists in the manager.

Because of the way I want to use it, I can probably live with a Global, but it seems like a bug anyway.

QUOTE(GregSands @ Feb 26 2007, 05:39 PM)

I've kept looking at this - the Global variable that is created by the Shared Variable manager can be used directly without problems either. And the coercion dot is perhaps because the data type has lost its "typedef" in the diagram, although it still exists in the manager.

That's right, Greg. Shared Variables don't keep their typedef properties. Once you create a Shared Variable from a custom control, the variable takes on that control as 'custom control' without any link to the typedef you created from. This can be a little annoying at times, especially when you drop down a shared variable and create a constant from it -- Watch out -- The constant you create is not connected to your typedef!