USB-6008 Multiple I/P problem

Hello everyone,

I'm working on a project where i'm using the USB-6008 card for data acquisition. So far i've been using two digital output ports, an analog input and an analog output. Things worked great, but as a further enhancement to the project, i'm supposed to recieve another signal through an analog input, when i developed the VI that can do this, an error message showed up upon running the system telling me that the input port has been reserved!!!

I'm sure i have correctly assigned different ports for each 'DAQ Assistant Box'. Is there any other way to build daq VI's other than DAQ Assistant, or is there a way to solve this problem.

P.S I'm not sure if this is the right forum to post this topic, but i'm new and i think this was the most relevant forum i found. Please excuse me for this. :)

Thanks in advance everyone. :)

QUOTE(fuzzycontrolfreak @ Mar 29 2007, 05:40 PM)

Is there any other way to build daq VI's other than DAQ Assistant, or is there a way to solve this problem.

Hi Fuzzycontrolfreak,

DAQ assistant is only good for short tests/simple acquisitions

If you want to seriously use DAQ you have to start use lower level DAQmx VIs. There are a lot of examples in the Example finder.

Have a look there and you will most likely find what you need.

Ton

Sounds like you have two DAQ Assistant nodes, each configured to read a different channel. Yeah, you'll have problems.

You need to configure both AI channels in one DAQ Assistant, unless you need different configurations (sampling rate, triggering, etc), then you'll need to work with the DAQmx VIs.

-James

• 1 year later...