LAVA RSS Change

I'm curious, did the number of LAVA threads available via the RSS change recently? Previously I was receiving the last 100 posts from the RSS feed. The last 2 days though I've received exactly 50 multiple times. It could just be coincidence that there were only 50 new posts to be aquired, but it led me to wonder. I like having the max posts at 100 because on any given day there could be 30 - 60 posts. Having 100 posts means If I miss a day I don't always have to worry about having missed some threads/posts. As of recently when I saw 100 new posts when I did a retrieve I would go to the website and browse them thru that interface (instead of my rss reader) to make sure I wasn't missing something. If the new limit is 50 posts, I will likely be forced to use the RSS reader less to prevent missing posts.

Thanks,

Dave Graybeal

P.S. I do enjoy browsing thru the Website directly, but there is a certain convienence to using the RSS Readers that I enjoy.

The number has been reduced to 50. Regardless of the number, there is always the chance that you will miss something. What happens if you are away from your computer for a week? Should the number be changed to 1000 to accomodate you? Thus is the nature of RSS. The higher this number, the more resources used on the server to cache these posts and generate the feed.

Michael,

I hope you didn't think my post was meant to be rude or demeaning to the efforts you put forth towards these forums. I am extremely greatful for the work that you put into this meeting place. It was just something that I noticed recently and wasn't sure what drove the change. I certainly understand that the higher that number the more resources required to make them available. I also understand that if I were to be away for a period of a week that I should not expect the RSS feed to save me from having to travel to the site to catch up. I actually enjoy browsing the site as it was created because I think you did a great job in laying everything out. I'm curious, how many posts on average does LAVA see in a day? Maybe this is how 50 was determined to be used, I don't know. I would think that if I were to check for RSS feed updates once every morning as part of my daily routine, that I would be able to retrieve all the posts from the previous day(With the execption of some peek traffic on a random day).

Thanks,

Dave