Tab Control May not Respond to New Value

Hi:

Has anybody noticed that when creating a wizard tool using the LabVIEW Tab Control, the wizard may not flip to the next page even when one is sure that the code includes a page change command. I noticed that I am only able to consistently change Tab control pages if I put a delay inside a fram containing the page change command.

It seems like the tab page change process runs under the user interface thread and if the CPU is busy it ignores switching to this thread an instead executes other things.

. . . See code snippet

Anthony L.

This bug on tab controls is a really really old one (since LabVIEW 3.0). The problem is that the front panel interface does not show the corresponding tab page, if you change the value of the tab control in block diagram code programmatically. I found out the following solution. Write to both a local variable of the tab and a tab property "value". This works in most cases. I suppose that the property "value" forces the panel to update the page finally.

I hope this helps.

Wolfram

Wolfram:

Thank you for verifying this.

I was working to produce a LV code example as Crelf suggested but the thing is not repeatable on a consistent basis. My LV code in which this happens more frequently is too large to send. I later determined that even the delay that I added did not fix this problem 100%. ... but apparently the property node will. I have used local variables all along.

Anthony L.