Warning to users of Free Zone Alarm Firewall

dannyt

HI,

This is just a warning for anybody on the forums who happens to use the Free version of the Zone Alarm Firewall. I just want to help you avoid what might be several hours of unwanted work.

I have been using this product at home for quite a while and have recommended it to various friends and family and I have generally been very impressed with it......

However the latest update version 7.0.337.000 has a serious bug in it,

---------------

Some users of free ZoneAlarm have inadvertently had Anti-spam enabled. This can cause interference with Outlook and Outlook Express, or possibly with Outlook crashes.

See the Zone Alarm Forums

http

://forums.zonealarm.com/zonelabs/board...p;message.id=1

-------------

There is a fix on the forums above.

I only found out about it after my father-in-law's Zone Alarm automatically updated and he "lost" all his email and email account :headbang:

and as usual in this situation phoned me :( . It tool me quite a while to sort it all out over the phone (no he had stopped doing the back-ups thingy I keep telling him about).

On my own machine I upgrade zonealarm ran the zone alarm link before I started up Outlook that seemed OK

cheers

Dannyt