Storage Array for disimilar data types.

TG

I have been feeling a little guilty about reading and DLing all the examples here at LAVA

but I have little time to interact as I am always distracted in my work.

This is my meager attempt at a contribution to LAVA. I would class this one as an intermediate level LV2 Global style VI.

Im including it here because I really havny' time to go through the whole code repository thing, but wanted to contribute something useful to the forum.

This VI allows the caller to store and retrive various data objects without regard for type.

It handles all the gory details so that all that is required from the caller is the data (as a variant bundled with a enum descriptor for

that particular data type.) and an index. Range chacking and other sanity code not added however it should be easy to add it if needed.

It is of course required that the user must re-construct the data on the other end using the enum descriptor into a case statement but this is common

with simplified use of variants. The DEMO should be self explanatory.

I have found this VI to be re-usable in my work.

Regards,

John

QUOTE(John Rouse @ Apr 19 2007, 01:21 PM)

I have been feeling a little guilty about reading and DLing all the examples here at LAVA

but I have little time to interact as I am always distracted in my work.

This is my meager attempt at a contribution to LAVA. I would class this one as an intermediate level LV2 Global style VI.

Im including it here because I really havny' time to go through the whole code repository thing, but wanted to contribute something useful to the forum.

This VI allows the caller to store and retrive various data objects without regard for type.

It handles all the gory details so that all that is required from the caller is the data (as a variant bundled with a enum descriptor for

that particular data type.) and an index. Range chacking and other sanity code not added however it should be easy to add it if needed.

It is of course required that the user must re-construct the data on the other end using the enum descriptor into a case statement but this is common

with simplified use of variants. The DEMO should be self explanatory.

I have found this VI to be re-usable in my work.

Regards,

John

Sorry forgot to upload the demo which is more intuitive.

John

QUOTE(crelf @ Apr 19 2007, 02:54 PM)

:oops:

Your right crlf, sorry bout that. Did not mean to clutter up the board.

I just realized the best place is in the UserLib VIs thread

since it is a userlib thingmajig.

John