does anyone recomend this company? --- Weeder technologies

craftmail

QUOTE(craftmail @ Apr 23 2007, 02:11 PM)

I am trying to buy a 4-ch thermocouples data logger. and By the search I found Weeder technologies offering the loest prices and able to ship worldwid, the matter is I donot know how reliable this co is???

From the info on thier website, Weeder is a small company founded by a fellow, Terry Weeder, who has a passion for hobby electronics and a lot of industry experience. They have been around for quite some time ('89). I googled them and found links to college courses that used their parts in assigmenents/projects. Try emailing or calling thier sales department and see how thier customer service is -- that will provide some useful information. My guess is that you'll get what you pay for, and maybe even more.

QUOTE(Jim Kring @ Apr 24 2007, 06:50 AM)

From the info on thier website, Weeder is a small company founded by a fellow, Terry Weeder, who has a passion for hobby electronics and a lot of industry experience. They have been around for quite some time ('89). I googled them and found links to college courses that used their parts in assigmenents/projects. Try emailing or calling thier sales department and see how thier customer service is -- that will provide some useful information. My guess is that you'll get what you pay for, and maybe even more.

Thank you very much, I think you cleared the subject to me.

I will contact them

thnk you again

I haven't dealt directly with Weeder but I have used some of their modules which I bought from Audon Electronics here in the UK (who call them 'Stack-DAQ'). I've found Audon to be helpful and responsive.

I don't have any experience with the thermocouple module but have used their DIO and stepper motor modules and several of the 8-channel analogue input modules. They all work OK but the readings from the analogue modules are subject to fluctuations of a few counts - within the accuracy spec but could be annoying in some applications. They're easy to drive from LabVIEW code. I'd recommend them as long as you're not expecting premium performance from a budget priced product.