Two Motors

Hello,

I hav 2 cntrol 2 motors n a way that da user can choose wthr only one moves, or one moves followed by da 2nd..i hv the VI 4 cntrol'n 1 stpr motor. but i dint succeed 2 cntrl 2..im us'n 2 o/p lines of da LPT 4 da motor..

any ideas.? i need them to be contorlled sequantially with a slight time delay in between..

QUOTE(SeniorStudent @ May 9 2007, 11:50 PM)

Hello,

I hav 2 cntrol 2 motors n a way that da user can choose wthr only one moves, or one moves followed by da 2nd..i hv the VI 4 cntrol'n 1 stpr motor. but i dint succeed 2 cntrl 2..im us'n 2 o/p lines of da LPT 4 da motor..

any ideas.? i need them to be contorlled sequantially with a slight time delay in between..

Give us more information that we can help you...

QUOTE(SeniorStudent @ May 9 2007, 11:50 PM)

Hello,

Your signal to noise ratio is very low. I had to read your question a couple of times before I could decipher it.

anyway, howmany lins hs da LPT? RU able 2 ctrl > 2 lins?

The VI i have is to control a stepper motor to move forward and reverse (attached)..I used two pins of the parallel port as inputs to the motor..

Now, my task is to control another stepper motor along with the first motor in the same VI..

The conditions are for the user to select either one moves, or both work together

You already have a case that is controlled by a boolean (F/R). You now want to control left/right (I presume) and need to handle 4 possible cases. I'm not going to do it for you, but one thing you can do is:

add a second boolean control

combine the F/R and L/R control outputs into an array

convert the boolean array into a number

connect the numeric result to the case statement

set/add cases to the case statement for the values 0,1,2, and 3

(as a SeniorStudent, the boolean logic should be simple ;) ) There are other ways to do this, but these are basic and useful functions anyone using LabVIEW needs to know.

p.s. Thnx 4 usn' str8 english in ur 2nd post