LabVIEW User Group Meeting in Toronto/KW?

pallen

Here's a strange one.

I recieved a mailing from NI; "Events in your Area". It indicated that there are upcoming user group meetings in both Toronto and Kitchener/Waterloo Ontario on May 29th. But when I went looking for the details that were supposed to be located at ni.com/seminars I found that neither event was listed.

I realize these won't be Lava Group meetings. As far as I know those haven't happened around here since Michael moved to the left coast. But it would still be nice to hook-up again with local LV programmers and users.

Did anyone else receive this information? Does anyone know any details?

Hopefully there actually is a UG meeting this month.

--

Patrick Allen

QUOTE(pallen @ May 10 2007, 09:15 AM)

Here's a strange one.

I recieved a mailing from NI; "Events in your Area". It indicated that there are upcoming user group meetings in both Toronto and Kitchener/Waterloo Ontario on May 29th. But when I went looking for the details that were supposed to be located at ni.com/seminars I found that neither event was listed.

I realize these won't be Lava Group meetings. As far as I know those haven't happened around here since Michael moved to the left coast. But it would still be nice to hook-up again with local LV programmers and users.

Did anyone else receive this information? Does anyone know any details?

Hopefully there actually is a UG meeting this month.

--

Patrick Allen

Feels pretty cold seeing no reply as if no one in Toronto region doing LabVIEW :) .

Anyway I remembered I did receive similar email a while ago, but I checked my schedule, not able to go and also not sure how to say "hello" to people that I don't know, so I am not going :) .

Irene

Feels pretty cold seeing no reply as if no one in Toronto region doing LabVIEW :) .

Which I know is not the case. There's quite a few LabVIEW programmers in the area. Maybe we're all just too busy programming to make it to a User Group Meeting?

and also not sure how to say "hello" to people that I don't know, so I am not going.

Awww. Don't be shy. :unsure: I remember briefly meeting you at one of the LAVA meetings some time ago. I really wish I'd been to more of them now.

I sent NI an email last week to see if there were anymore detials on the meetings. But so far I've had no response.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well met!

I just wanted to post a little follow-up to my inquiries about the Toronto LabVIEW User Group Meeting.

The meeting had 10 or 11 LabVIEW users from around the area. Local NI sales rep, Tong Yang gave us a short demonstration of new FPGA technology and showed off a little Compact RIO. This reminded me of the Compact Vision system I've yet to play with. Now I'm really keen to see what that baby can do.

Ted White then gave a presentation on State Machines. I took a few good tips home with me from this one, as most of the work I do in LabVIEW involves State Machines in one way or another.

Of course the best part of these meetings is actually meeting and chatting with other folks that share similar interests. It's always interesting to learn about all the different ways people use LabVIEW. Very cool stuff.

I'd like to thank Ted and Averna for hosting this meeting. The space was very nice and the sandwiches were tasty. (Did I mention there was food?) Hopefully we can do stuff like this on a regular basis. Although I'm no guru, I'm looking at a new project that will be more or less a vision guided pick and place. If I can manage to get that working without looking too much like a complete hack, I'd even try my hand at a basis presentation. (I hear it's difficult to get people to do presentations at these things)

Hopefully we'll see even more folks out at the next one.