Fieldppoint firmware reset

jbrohan

Hello

It seems that the first steps are the hardest. I have a LV 7.0 setup on a new computer and I cannot get it to communicate to FP1000 (Yes I'm old fashioned but these units are GREAT!)

If the Firmware is out of date is there still some communication? Or does it sit there dead until I reload the firmware?

FP last used with LV 5.1 now I'm using LV 7.0. The new FP just came from NI but I'm using the FP 4.0 software, not the latest version that came with it!

Yours Sincerely

John

QUOTE(jbrohan @ May 13 2007, 10:51 AM)

Hello

It seems that the first steps are the hardest. I have a LV 7.0 setup on a new computer and I cannot get it to communicate to FP1000 (Yes I'm old fashioned but these units are GREAT!)

If the Firmware is out of date is there still some communication? Or does it sit there dead until I reload the firmware?

FP last used with LV 5.1 now I'm using LV 7.0. The new FP just came from NI but I'm using the FP 4.0 software, not the latest version that came with it!

Yours Sincerely

John

I would recommend that you get it working in MAX first before you start using LabVIEW.

I did a project about 6 months ago where I used the Latest FP drivers with LV7.0 using a FP 1601 over Ethernet.