Installing the 8.2.1 run time engine on a system with LabVIEW 8.2

Note: This is a cross-post to NI forums.

If I have a system with LabVIEW 8.2 installed and I upgrade only the RTE to 8.2.1 (leaving LabVIEW 8.2 installed) will I run into any problems?

• Will applications that I build in LabVIEW 8.2 still run correctly?
  • Which RTE will applications that I build in 8.2 require? (I'm presuming that the 8.2.1 RTE upgrade will not touch the lvapp.lib stub used by the app builder and that apps built in 8.2 will run in the 8.2 RTE)

Here is what I (think I) know:

• The 8.2.1 run time engine (RTE) is an upgrade to the 8.2 RTE, meaning that the 8.2 and 8.2.1 RTEs cannot be installed at the same time.
  • Applications built using LabVIEW 8.2 will run in the 8.2.1 RTE, however apps built using LabVIEW 8.2.1 require the 8.2.1 RTE and will not run in the 8.2 RTE

Has anyone attempted this?

Thanks,

I'm having what may be a related problem with my application (built in 8.2.1) throwing error -823, related to lvalarms.dll as a support for timed loops. I'm trying to factor out whether this is Vista/XP or 8.2.1/8.2 or application build specification determined.

As a follow up, the same project built in LV8.2 throws this error on 8.2.1 as well as 8.2 systems.

Curiouser and curiouser....

QUOTE(Val Brown @ May 15 2007, 05:36 PM)

I'm having what may be a related problem with my application (built in 8.2.1) throwing error -823, related to lvalarms.dll as a support for timed loops. I'm trying to factor out whether this is Vista/XP or 8.2.1/8.2 or application build specification determined.

As a follow up, the same project built in LV8.2 throws this error on 8.2.1 as well as 8.2 systems.

Curiouser and curiouser....

OK my problem is separate and had to do with an out of date lvalarms.dll on the deployed systems.