Embedded Web Server for LabVIEW

Hi,

We are making one device, which will have its own Embedded Web Server as an IP block in FPGA. On that server there will be some html files. And this files will be opened on the Internet Explorer etc when we will connect that device to internet.

Now, the question is:

We want to call the LabVIEW VI from HTML file. With the current LabVIEW 8.20 software I have, I can generate html file for LabVIEW front panel using Web Publicing Tool. I read on the internet about G Web Server. But I am not cleared that, can this G Web Server be embedded in any microcontroller we use in our circuit?

Or we require to do something else for that.

We will embedded that Web Server in our microcontroller. Our html files(with VI inside that) will be placed on that Embedded Server. We will connect that device to internet and we will type the address to open that html page with VI on the internet explorer.

Is it possible?

Can G Web Server be embedded to the any microcontroller?

Where can I get the detailed information about all the requirements and configurations?

Thanks,

Regards,

Prashant Patel

QUOTE(prayami @ Jul 5 2007, 02:12 AM)

Is it possible?

Can G Web Server be embedded to the any microcontroller?

Where can I get the detailed information about all the requirements and configurations?

Good question,

I think it depends on the OS on the device. It looks like you are using LabVIEW Embedded. I don't know if that has support for the web-server. I would highly doubt that. If the device is running LabVIEW Real Time, Linux, Mac OS or Windows it shouldn't be a problem.

Ton