LabVIEW on the Apple gathering at this year's NIWeek 2007

Dear platform independent LabVIEWers on LAVA,

I'm in the process of preparing an invited presentation for this year's AAPT Summer Meeting in Greensboro NC entitled ''How to LabVIEW in Physics Education''. It's about merging LabVIEW with a playful and fun way of teaching university level physics to students of natural sciences and medicine. A small number of selected characteristic application examples in the domains of demonstration experiments, student labs and interactive simulation tools for teaching physics will be shown and discussed. Of course the presentation shall be hosted on an Apple MacBook Pro.

After the event I drive down to Austin to attend NIWeek 07

I am looking forward to meet many fellow wireworkers there again. I wonder if there are any of you who work with LabVIEW on the Mac attending this year's NIWeek as well and interested in a small informal get-together to exchange ideas, views and information about the types of applications we are involved in. It may also be a chance to spell out a list of demands/concerns/questions about the platform independent aspects of LabVIEW.

If you like to be part of something along the lines above or if you know somebody who potentially is, please send me a note offline urs.lauterburg(at)space.unibe.ch and I will try to manage a suitable location for a small group during the time of the conference. Also let me know the best time/day for you to meet.

I hope to see you in the famous Austinite summer heat again.

Regards and happy platform independent wireworks

Urs

Urs Lauterburg

Physics demonstrator

Physikalisches Institut

University of Bern

Switzerland