.NET assembly version (automatically promoted)

I have a customer with a .NET issue.

Once upon a time, they had called a .NET assembly with a specific version and all was good in the world. The .NET component was setup using the constructor node. Now, the developer of the .NET assembly released a new version. So now the LabVIEW developer browses to the new .NET DLL and selects the new version of the assembly. Saves all the VI changes and closes LabVIEW. When the LabVIEW application restarts, now the constructor gives an error. If you right-click on the constructor and chose "Select Constructor..." you will get the following dialog:

http://forums.lavag.org/index.php?act=attach&type=post&id=6508

You cannot select a constructor. If you just want to check the version, you can't. If you delete the constructor and place a new constructor node down, you can navigate to the correct constructor version and then if you run the code it all works fine. If you now restart LabVIEW, it's all broke again resulting in a very sad LabVIEW developer...

NI support will be contacted soon. Any ideas?

I don't have any good recommendations, but I just wanted to let you know that I do a lot of work with .NET assemblies that change versions often. I've been using 8.2.1 and have not had any problems. I've seen the dialog you showed but once I reselected the new DLL and saved all the VIs, everything was fine.