USBTMC Problems

Topher

I've also posted this on the NI forums:

http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?boar...ssage.id=262590

I've been trying to use USB to control an Agilent E5071B but haven't been able to see the instrument in LabVIEW. I am able to see and communicate with the instrument in MAX and Agilent's equivalent of MAX. At first I suspected it may be the Agilent software as it had caused problems with a USB-GPIB connection so I looked around and it looked like that was a problem so I uninstalled and reinstalled NI-VISA. Prior to the reinstall, if I exited the Agilent software, I was no longer able to see the instrument in MAX. Now, I can see the instrument in MAX whether or not the Agilent software is running. I checked the drivers in device manager and it is the NI driver (NIUSBTMC.sys). The instrument works flawlessly when connected via GPIB. I just can't get it to show up in the VISA resources drop down menu. I've also checked to make sure no I/O name filters are on and there aren't any.

Since posting at NI I ran the VISA Find Resource function in LabVIEW and it was able to find my instrument, but I still can't use it even when I copy and paste the canonical VISA name into my VISA Resource control. Any ideas?

Thanks,Chris