Compile File?

orko

This issue has been resolved...see EDIT below. Silly orko. :rolleyes:

In one of my projects (LV8.2.1) I reorganized/renamed a handful of type definitions to be better organized in the project tree. After each change, I applied the changes in the control editor and hit ctl-shft-S to make sure the changes were propagated.

After the changes had been made, LabVIEW wouldn't mass compile my project anymore! Crash after a certain VI was hit every time! :o

I found the VI that it was choking on and moved it out of the project directory. Mass compile now works (phew!) but there is now an annoying error message in the mass compile log that won't go away (even after removing every trace of the "corrupted" VI from my dev box):

CompileFile: skipping <old path to corrupted VI>

The VI is definitely not there and my project is saved and working fine...so how is my mass compiler getting confused? Closing down LabVIEW doesn't appear to make it go away either. Searching on the NI and LAVA forums doesn't reveal this mystery...

Has anyone ever seen this error? And if so, how'd you make it go away?

.... and what in the world is this "CompileFile"?

EDIT: Never mind... it turns out that this was a simple case of leaving the file inside the project while deleting it from the project directory on disk. The "CompileFile" as far as I can tell was the .lvproj file which still had the old file listed in it.